Saturday, April 11, 2009

FREE AT LAST

“Familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage and you prepare your own limbs to wear them." Abraham Lincoln

if that wasn't befitting of my situation i don't know what was...... but now I've gotten my way.... i scratched, crawled, bite, threw, wrestled, punched, headbutted, yelled, fought, refused, struggled, and defied my way out of the proverbial chains of bondage. I made it painstakingly obvious to everyone that i didn't want to be with the MP's..... everyone who knew me, knew that i wanted out, and after a little over 2 months, I've been moved.... its not official until tonight, but i have already gotten word from my incoming and out going leaders..... I'M PUMPED....

I'm going back to where i started.... I'm working with the same guys i trained leading up to this deployment.... i couldn't be happier..... now I'm tasked with reintegrating back into their SOP's (standard operating procedures).... since i last was with them, their mission has changed..... with that change comes unfamiliarity with their tactics and a certain level of adjustment to their already defined ways..... it shouldn't be hard..... only time will be needed...... after i regain comfortability with them, and my new assignment, i will be fast on my way towards redeployment..... i should only have about 4-5 months left at that point..... once everything becomes routine and expectible, time slows down.... Luckily, i have endured the pleasures and pains that come along with constant change..... pleasures being the fast moving time.... 6 months have come and gone faster then any other of the same.... pains being the MP's..... you jump from ship to ship enough your bound to find out that you don't like..... or absolutely HATE....

1 comment:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

wow Hub! let me be the first to say CONGRATS on the new gig!!!im wayy happy for you. your right, time has flown by and things are coming to a close...5 months three weeks left love!you will be home before you know it!!!!( God willing) Are you working with all the guys i know right? Clayton? Who else??
Anyways, im glad for you! STAY SAFE!!!
Mikey has his first game at noon today so i wont be on till later tonight..but you'll probably be sleeping!
I LOVE YOU
xoxoxoxoxo
your sugarbear