Sunday, March 29, 2009

SITREP

Well, I've been waiting patiently for my situation to improve..... as it was put to me back in the middle of march, "we'll play it day by day" my 1sg told me..... then i found out that the one thing in the way of me leaving this platoon is the 6 new MP's that were suppose to arrive on the 24th.... lol..... well that's come and gone and...... NO MP'S......... when they do get here i will be going somewhere else.... I've narrowed it down to 3-4 different places that in my mind, i could go....... i really don't care which one it is...... I've worked with all of them or at least know them all..... I'm sure i will assume my new role with any of them without hitch.......

when do the new MP's get here........ well if your subscription to joe radio hasn't expired.... then you know as well as I do that they will be here the first week of April...... lol...... so what exactly does that mean...... probably around the end of April...... i really don't know, and that people that do know when, like to hoard that info to themselves..... why..... don't fucking ask me, it seems to me that divulging that info wouldn't hurt anyone.... I've found that their are a lot of those information holding self important types in the army.... i fucking hate that trait.....

right now...... I've been relegated to being in charge of ME..... i have no soldiers now, and i don't have a leader..... I'm a one man army..... my squad leader doesn't fuck with me at all since our falling out... occasionally he tries to engage me in small talk but i usually just walk the fuck away from him..... i still cant shake the constant feeling of wanting to fucking choke him..... i feel like I've be placed outside of the squad..... i wouldn't have it any other way...... the only time i am brought back into the fold is when there is a discussion of tactics or some form of tactical planning.... i don't even have chirp up, I'm asked my opinion..... with that they base their plan off of my do's and don'ts list.....

the soldiers still rely on me as a source of experience..... they will ask me sometimes how to do this or how to do that...... even with my disdain for the squad leader, i wont deprive the soldiers of correct development...... in my mind, with the lack of competent leadership in the squad, its my job to see to the development of the soldiers.... i recognize that one day these soldiers will be leaders.... if they are never exposed to the correct way of doing things, they will set up for failure, and will fail their soldiers when the time comes.......i routinely try to teach them how to dissect the situation and form a logical tactical plan.... i force them to think about situations, and then tell me what we should do as a squad..... when we are in sector, i will ask a random soldier, what should we do right now.... if you were in charge what would you have us do and why...... after a little prodding, i get them to see the important aspects of the situation..... i get them to reformulate there thinking off of what the situation is giving us..... i can already see that this way of development has gone along way with them...... they are already starting to offer corrections to previously thought to be correct ways of doing things.... even after I'm gone, i will continue to make myself available to them when or if they have any questions..... i subscribe to the belief that once my soldier, always my soldier......

until the day comes that can move on.... ill continue this numbing process......

NUGHT OUT.....

















1 comment:

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

sheesh love. well april 6 will be 5 months and 29 days. hang in there cakes and get it out!!
i love you and am proud of you.
stay safe
xoxoxoxo