Thursday, March 19, 2009

WHERE DO I START.

well, I've been in the army for almost 5 years now. I've seen the ups the downs the twist the turns and everything else in between. I've seen the army transition from a harder and more unforgiving army, to a much softer and gentler place to work. I'm starting to fucking hate it. This job is suppose to be hard. The soldiers with in our ranks are suppose to be tough and well above average....... but most arnt. the regular army has turned into a joke. we're not superior to shit..... i cant count on one hand the egregious tactical errors that are made by
my leaders on a daily basis. were not in fucking training right now... we cant just press the reset button or call index when we do dumb shit..... they act like they don't fucking get that.

I'm currently eeeking through my second deployment...... i have roughly 6 months till our year is up and all i hear is how we are getting extended.... look, i don't mind doing my job..... or being here longer..... i understood what i was signing up for, but i cant stand but feel like we keep throwing these fucking fuck tards home run pitches...... but they haven't swung at them yet.... everyday, the leaders above me make decisions that put our squad at an even higher risk then we already are at, and nothing happens to us..... we get back and everyone starts patting each other on the back telling each other how well they did, and to keep up the good work...... i want to fucking scream at them..... LOOK RETARD, THIS IS FUCKING STUPID...... YOU PUT EVERYONE AT RISK TODAY WHEN YOU DECIDED THAT WE SHOULD DO THIS.... OR WHEN YOU MADE US DO THAT..... it never ends....... i just feel like eventually someones going to swing at one of these "home run pitches", and when you swing at these you tend to hit home runs. its going to be a sad face fucking day when its our turn to take the hit..... these fucking Dilberts I'm working for are going to be in for a rude awaking when they start getting soldiers killed.....

in the 6 months I've been here i have been with three different platoons. let me paint the picture for you. I'm in an stb..... that's a special troops battalion..... its a fucking support battalion... can you guess which company I'm in...... fucking HHC... lol..... so I'm in a support company which is in a support battalion... oh yeah, HOOAH.... i want to be out there kicking in doors and doing patrols but no i got stuck on battalion PSD.... ( personal security detachment ) we taxi around the battalion col. and csm. to where ever they want to go and we protect them....... its really gay.... but as luck would have it our brigade came down on a unique assignment. they needed to give up 10 soldiers to work for and with some security squirrels in a security place doing secret things.... I'm not going to talk a great deal about what we did or who we did it for. but i some how lucked out and got one of the ten slots for this assignment... it was the best time I've had in the army.... no more regular army..... no more bullshit stupid fucking rules for the sake of rules.... no more being treated like fucking incompetent shit that needs constant prodding to do anything that productive..... we were making an impact on this war.... every night we took bad people off the battle field... i went to bed with a sense of accomplishment.... and all the sudden.... as soon as it started it ended.... 4 months is all we got.... TEAM ROCK..... that's who we were.... that's who we all still want to be..... but the whole team, and the whole tasking was sent back to our units.... our ten man element was chopped into pieces and spread to 5 different locations..... we wanted to stay together... we were they best squad in the battalion and we all knew it... but some genius cut us up and throw us anywhere we would fit..... i ended up at the one place i didn't want to go. the fucking MP platoon.... these fucking morons don't know there ass from there elbow, but they think there hot shit.... i fucking hate it here.... i get in yelling matches with my squad leader all the time..... hes the biggest and dumbest shit bag staff sergeant i have ever met.... i don't confront him in front of the soldiers but i do on a regular basis tell him that hes all dicked up in private..... needless to say, we don't get along now..... I've been trying to get fired so they will put me somewhere else.... anywhere.... asking to leave didn't work, and staying isn't an option... we are doing the same bullshit psd but for brigade staff..... the only difference is that we do it alot less tactically then the last psd i was on.

the other day my squad leader wrote me up for leaving a truck door open while not in use.... ya. he said that he has constantly said that when a doors not in use it needs to be shut..... we were standing around the trucks in a secure area.....now let me just say something, i didn't do anything wrong and it was small fucking potatoes, but because it was me he wanted to try and impose his superiority over me in front of everybody..... the issue itself was a non issue.... had it been anyone else he wouldn't have said a word to them or cared about the fucking door..... he wanted to ride me.... i told him that never once has he ever said or hinted to the fact that an open door not in use was suppose to be shut..... i don't care if it is suppose to be shut.... that would be another dumb fucking pointless rule for the sake of rules, rule, if it were..... it was never said to me.... I've been in this fucking platoon for like 40 days..... if this is what we are fucking worrying about as leaders in a combat zone then we are fucked as an army..... are you kidding me.... look i don't care if he wants to write me up but when he did he included about 6-7 complete and utter lies about my performance that had nothing to do with the fucking door.... it was because i don't let him whip me like he likes to whip others..... i called him on it immediately..... he smirked, shrugged his shoulders as if to say.... what are you going to do about it...... i almost lost my mind..... i went at him, i wanted to grab his fucking face and squeeze it.... we got separated and i went to talk to 1sg.... i told him that i cant work for this guy and that i need to be put somewhere else.... he said he would see what he could do... that was 2 days ago....

I'm in limbo now..... i don't care where i go as long as its away from him.... the last two sqd leaders i worked for recommended me for promotion.... both times was when i got moved from one platoon to another. so i had to start over again... now im here and im fucking fighting to leave.... i know im going to have to start all over again, but i know getting away from this fag is the best thing i can do....

so thats the gist of my deployment so far.... as time goes on i will include pictures and more in depth insight into my small world as it happens or just to catch you up.... for now, ill skate on the thin ice im on and try to make it to the other side without falling through....

12 comments:

NUGHT said...

Hubby,
This blog is going to be AMAZING! I'm sorry your dealing with dumbasses over there. I love when you called them all Dilberts. HA!!! I hope that this blog helps get you through and helps you deal with being gone. Just think about all the times you made fun of me and my "dumb" blog!!!! It's really great once you get into it. I love you and stay safe!
xoxoxoxoxo

NUGHT said...

hahaha im posting under your name. LOL sorry. once I get this all set up its all yours!

Infantry Dad said...

So, I guess how's it hanging would be in appropriate at this time?
I was taught to always find the good in a bad situation.
Your learning how to be a better leader by witnessing the bad.
Don't let them get to you, cause when they do they win.
Stay safe.

13 Stoploss said...

Tell your story bro. People need to know how broken the Army is. But, they also need to know YOUR solution. You're the man on the ground, and you are in the thick of it. From experience, I know what works and what does not, but realize that many don't have the experience. So, when you tell us that shit is fucked up, don't spare the details (except the opsec stuff that needs to stay safe), but offer your opinion and experience about what works.

hope things start to look up for you--you've hit the hump, and it's downhill from here. But, shit rolls downhill too. Have a good one!

NUGHT said...

hey thanks guys...

13, ive been trying to figure out how to point out the tactical errors that I mentioned above without going into our sop's. if i were to give situations- tell you what we do- then tell you what we should do, that would be an opsec violation. discussing our tactics and sop's here even if it were to correct them would be wrong of me. i understand completely what your saying... i too come from the school of thought that says dont just complain about something thats bad... offer a solution or shut up about it... i do this everyday.. i tell my squad leader " look this is what we did today, its wrong because of this, there was no advantage to this decision but a lot of disadvantages.... what we should have done is this, and hers why... cause when you do this, you mitigate a,b,c,d.... when you do what we did today, you make a,b,c a much worse situation if it happens and you gain nothing positive from it.... he looks at me blank like almost like he doesnt get what im saying... i think they think because nothing has happened so far, that they must be doing the right thing.... i think this is funny.... i try to tell them just because we made it back safely does not mean we did the right thing... we went to the game today and the other team didnt show up, thats what happened... we didnt play good... WE DIDNT PLAY.. lol

i think i know what my next post is going to be about.

JOHN
i apprieate your support... i know what your saying and i agree. i guess the good would be that the soldiers in this platoon are great soldiers.. ill trained and under developed, but by and large great soldiers.... i sure had they be directed by the leadership i was when i was a young soldier they would be excellent. im winning the soldiers over... i do soldier development on a one on one basis all the time with them.... it starts off with me asking them a question about our platoon sop's and listening to them regurgitate what the squad leader has told them.... i understand where there coming from, thats what they have been taught is right... i try to by pass this... i try and make them thing about the situation and what is the best thing we could do... i tell them to tell me what they would do and why... then i tell them what i would do and why.... this goes back and forth for a while... at the end they start to see the situation in a different light and they start to see the errors in the sop for that situation... thats how you develop young soldiers.... the best part of the whole thing is when the next time the squad leader covers that sop and what we do in that situation... the soldier gets a half smile on his face and he looks at ME.... the look on his face is priceless.... its a look of understanding, its a look of i know thats wrong and i now know whats right....
thats the good in this situation....

thanks guys

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

oh sure...leave me out of the comment back list...i see how it is!

Infantry Dad said...

Us boys are playing here Jenn.
When we get a little older we'll notice the girls on the play ground. But for now, we'r playing.

NUGHT said...

im sorry baby.... thanks for the comments and my cool page you made for me.... im glad you omitted the womens touch... (did i spell that right).... anyways i knew you'll be stopping by everyday to say hello.... i look forward to it and keep those pic of the kids coming on your blog... bye love

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog....what a talented writer. I work in a Mental Health Facility and have an opportunity to meet alot of malingering soilders. Most have already been to Iraq and will do anything to keep from going back. One guys so desperate, he came back from the cafeteria and told me "I saw a man with an axe as I passed through the line....and when I came through the door there was blood everywhere" a little too exagerated for a diagnosis of schizaphrenia.....With men in uniforms passing about the flood, I am forever reminded of you ...Everyone's not cut out for deployment to Iraq....my heart goes out to those men, and it makes me so proud of you. LU

NUGHT said...

thank you lu..... you know iraq isnt that bad a place to be... so long as your with people who are competent.... i joined the army to come here..... anyone who joined the army after we invaded iraq and then has the balls to try to dogde a deployment (stop loss excluded) if a fucking lost coward... i think of it like this.... a firefighter trains and trains and trains to put out fires... most of his time at work is spent preparing for a fire... then all the sudden theirs a fire somewhere.... he wants to go put it out right? fuck ya he wants to put it out... this is what hes been training for.... well the same goes for the army... i sit in the states and training and training and training for war.... i get so feed up with it i hope for war... then all the sudden a war breaks out.... what do you think i want to do.... i want to go fight the fucking war.... why else am i here... those guys who dodge deployments to me would be like a firefighter who doesnt want to go put out a fire.... if you dont want to put out fires, then why the fuck did you become a firefighter.....

i dont know... i say if they dont want to be here because their scared.... i dont want them here.... one less garbage dick i have to babysit....

thats just my take... thanks again...

Anonymous said...

Wooooooooo...get laid buddy! Someone please give anonymous a BJ.....no, two!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sometime intellegence gets us into trouble. It took a long time for me to figure out that argueing with the fool.who is in charge, got me nowhere. Giving those in charge respect,even though they were idiots, has worked to my advantage. I don't have to tell you who argues with a fool....I am a hard headed,smart ass who loves to get a laugh out of anothers stupidity...It's got me into alot of trouble. I eventually learned to play the game to my advantage!