Tuesday, May 19, 2009

RANDOM IRAQ PICTURES

well, i have a shit ton of pic from this deployment but it takes so long to upload them here that i avoid it.... I'm going to start slowly posting pic post... i really enjoy taking pictures. i also have a bunch of videos, but those will have to wait until i redeploy and have normal Internet.... this is the first batch...




this is deployment bear.... sometime before my first deployment i was packing to go to the field and my boys were helping me... Mikey, went to his room and grabbed this bear and told me to take him with me so that i would remember him... since then this bear has gone everywhere... if my family isn't there with me, the bear is... deployment bear has been to every field problem, NTC, WLC, deployment, and everywhere else that Ive gone... for a while he lived in my truck... i hung him from where the rear view mirror would have been and when i wasn't in the truck he would hold my head set.... now he lives on my bed, but I'm thinking about moving him back to the truck...



this was just some glass house mout training.... i like the pic so I'm posting it...



i really don't know whats going on here... i see the one guy sleeping.... i don't know... what do you all think...



me and a couple of my old soldiers.... they were both gunners and it was cold that night/morning.... so i made them wear that gay head thing... the picture makes them look alot cooler then in real life... they actually looked really stupid...



this is the same guy that was sleeping in the other picture.... i guess he can sleep thru anything..... or doing anything...



this was a close up of one of the hands at the cross sabers.... Iraq has alot of cool sculptures and architecture.... i think this stuffs pretty cool...



i just liked how the mosque was the back drop for the military trucks.... it kinda feels symbolic to me...



playing the hurry up and wait game in between missions....



one of the soldiers in our platoon punched his computer screen and cracked it.... he was being a dumb ass... the computer was broke and to my knowledge unfixable... so he decided to put an axe through it and buy a new one the next day.... lol....



this is Walters... I'm trying to develop him into a leader... hes a crazy, crazy infantryman.... i try to control his but its impossible.... the worst part about it is hes so damn likable and funny... i cant get mad at him....

2 comments:

lorraine said...

Thanks for posting. If too many days go by it gets lonely without something new. Take care. lorraine

Anonymous said...

Good post about your life in Iraq. Keep them coming.